Tuesday 18 November 2014

Preparations

A fun morning of lectures, which reminded me that I need to start using the SSB radio communications system again! Miss Liz II is now well dressed and on her pontoon ready to go. Most of the small faults have now been detected and repaired and the rigging has its check over planned for tomorrow. It seems good though - so it will be interesting to see what Jerry the Rigger makes of it!! No damage that I could see.....final food delivery has taken place and the > 100kg of provisions are now stashed away and location recorded. But I am sure we will lose stuff. Final meat and veg delivery is planned for Saturday, along with last minute shopping in the afternoon, although I have to attend the skippers briefing...and it is mandatory.

The yellow brick tracker is now on the boat and you can track our travels at www.worldcruisingclub.com/ARC. Then click on the tracker, don't be too much in a hurry as it takes time to load. Apparently you need to download the tracker app if you have an iPad etc.

My friendly German neighbors were in the water this lunch time, so I asked them to check the anodes. All ok apparently which is good news....but I think I need to check them myself before Thursday.....

This afternoon we get to attend the provisioning lecture.....as I've already shopped I just hope I got it right! Then last of all, down wind sailing. Should be fun. Then relaxation with a few glasses and friends at the sundowner.

No comments:

Post a Comment